Surgical spirit, B.P. is a liquid prepared and used primarily for topical application. It is prepared from a special denatured alcohol solution and contains approximately 70 percent by volume of pure, concentrated ethanol (ethyl alcohol) or isopropyl alcohol (isopropanol). Individual manufacturers can use their own “formulation standards” in which the ethanol content usually ranges from 70-99% v/v
Surgical Spirit Letterbox Friendly
£1.95 – £2.95
- Soap making
- Cleaning Cd’s and DVD’s
- Remove brake fluid from hydraulic disc systems
- A Disinfectant for surfaces, utensils and equipment.
- Skin cleaner, Antiseptic and antibacterial agent. (Tattoing & Piercing)
- Hand sanitiser and sterilizer.
- A GREAT de-icer for those frosty mornings !!
- Excellent for cleaning windows (dries smear free)
- Excellent for cleaning Monitors and LCD Televisions
- Medical and Sporting Rub Downs
- Applied as a cooling, soothing application for bedridden patients and athletes
- Widely used for cleansing surgeons’ hands and instruments
- Disinfection of skin prior to penetration by a hypodermic needle.
- Antiseptic, it is good against vegetative bacteria and fair against fungi and viruses.
- Welders use rubbing alcohol to clean welding surfaces before welding.
Denatured Ethanol: >90%
Distilled Water: <10%
Hazard Class: 3
Packing Group: 2
Hazard Phrases: Highly flammable liquid and vapour. Causes serious eye irritation.
Prec Phrases: Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention. In case of fire: Use Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool.
HS CODE: 2207100000
Following the UK’s departure from the EU on 1 January 2021, all European shipments are sent on a DAP Basis (Delivered at Place).
This means that the buyer will be liable for import VAT at their prevailing national rate and for orders over 150€ (including carriage) import duties will become chargeable at your prevailing national rate.
The Duty is ascertained by your national customs authority based on the HS Code of each product. The HS Code is shown in the “European Shipment” section of each product page.
50ml, 100ml, 250ml