Enjoy Easter with a Surprise Erupting Egg!
- Protective clothing such as gloves and googles should be worn at all times when handling chemicals.
- Before you start, it’s a good idea to carry out a patch test.
- Always store chemicals out of reach of pets and children.
The “Shopping List”
- Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate
- Acetic Acid 3%
- Food Colouring
- Bowl and Spoon
- Plastic Eggs
- Surprise Items (this could be small figurines similar to what you would find in a Kinder Surprise Egg!)
Empty a 500gm of Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate pack into a bowl.
Add a small amount of water at a time until it starts to allow you to mould a shape. Please note: this should not be runny, it should just be able to hold together a shape without falling apart. If it does become too runny, add more Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate.
Add some of the dough you have created into the bottom piece of the plastic egg and place the surprise item on top.
Add more dough around to hide the item.
With the top piece of the plastic egg, fill this half with Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate.
Put both halves of the plastic egg filled with Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate together and gently tighten.
Freeze for 30 minutes to keep the shape.
After freezing, remove from the plastic egg container.
Drop into Acetic Acid 3% and watch as your egg reveals your surprise item!
NOTE: BEFORE USING ANY OF THE PRODUCTS LISTED PLEASE READ ANY SAFETY AND PRECAUTIONS TO THIS PRODUCT BEFORE USAGE.
APC Pure does not accept any responsibility, this is a guide only.
THIS EXPERIMENT SHOULD BE DONE WITH ADULT SUPERVISION AT ALL TIMES.